Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sorry so long!!!

Oh goodness I just got on here and noticed my last post was almost a yr ago and so much has changed. So, here goes the yr in review.
We have changed the way we homeschool!! I loved the ABeka DVD's but Leah was gettin tired of them since she had been doing them since K4. Well, I did some research and we are now doing Saxon Math, Easy Grammar, ABeka Science and History and Spelling Challenge. Leah is enjoying school so much more and she has learned ALOT. It's a lot more relaxed and not so regimented which is more of our lifestyle, since we are on the go so much.

Leah turned 10 this year and she is a beautiful girl on the inside and outside. She has such a big heart and loves people and is so giving. Aubrey turned 3 and he is a VERY active lil man. My Daddy calls him a Tasmanian Devil cause he's always going and sometimes in circles. He loves his family and is into everything.

I think the biggest change that has come this year is that we aren't traveling with Kendall anymore. Leah decided she wanted to stay home, she was tired of making friends then having to leave them and she just really wanted to be at home. I was ready to come home too! So after much prayer and talking it over, Kendall and I decided we would stay home. And it's worked out really well since his job this summer has only been 2 hrs from home. After we decided we would stay home, the Lord laid it on my heart to ask our home church about starting Awana. Well, Daddy said he had always heard good things about Awana and he had been praying that God would put it on someone's heart to do this. And for some reason God chose me :) It has been crazy trying to get everything organized to fit into our schedule but I think it's finally coming all together. We start Awana on September 14th and God has blessed me with an awesome Awana staff, people who loved the Lord and want to see kids saved, what more could ya ask for.

Now, for the next change. Kendall will be starting work for a new company next week and we are so excited about it. This new company mostly works in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas so that means he will usually be pretty close to home. Ya know it's just amazing how things work out when you put it in God's Hands and leave it there. Hopefully it won't be so long till the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment